Educational Program And Its Effectiveness: Continuing Education and Special Learning Activities
- Organizational charts which show the relationship of continuing education to various academic units of the institution, including the internal organization of the continuing education unit.
- Summary listing of off-campus programs, directors, sites, and enrollments.
- Policy and procedures for institutional approval of off-campus and special programs and courses.
- Catalogs, brochures, announcements, and class schedules for special programs.
- Policies regarding the award of credit based on prior experiential learning, including the distribution of credits, by term, for the past two years.
- Policies that address all items of Standard Indicator 2.A.10 regarding award of credit.
- List of all courses and programs taught by nontraditional instructional formats for the past three years, indicating the course, type and duration of instruction, number of credits, enrollment, and location.
- Budgetary information and financial arrangements relating to continuing education and special learning activities.
- Studies demonstrating comparability of outcomes for courses or programs offered under concentrated or accelerated time frames, or other nontraditional instructional formats.
- Policies regarding admission, transfer of prior earned credit, credit by examination (e.g. College Level Examination Program [CLEP]), credit for prior experiential learning, credit by evaluation and residency requirements as they apply to external degrees, degree-completion programs, or special degrees.
- Sample transcript with explanation of codes showing designations for credit for prior experiential learning and non-degree credit.
- Contractual agreements with other institutions or travel agencies.
- Criteria and procedures for admission of students and awarding of credit; procedures for maintenance of student records.
- Catalogs, brochures, and announcements for continuing education courses and programs, and special learning activities.
- Criteria and procedures for registration of students and awarding of units; procedures for keeping student records.
- Procedures for involving appropriate institutional personnel in program approval and development.