NWIC College Policies
Policies and Procedures
Our Student Handbook is intended to guide you in your journey through Northwest Indian College. Please take some time to read through the policies listed in below and then refer back to it as a reference for the future. You can also download the Student Handbook PDF.
NWIC is guided by its mission, vision, and core values.
NWIC Mission Statement:
- Through education, Northwest Indian College promotes Indigenous self-determination and knowledge.
NWIC Vision Statement:
- We are committed to our students, the Tribes we serve, and advancing Tribal sovereignty for the protection and enhancement of our homelands and future generations.
NWIC Core Values:
- Sәla-exʷ: Our strength comes from the old people. From them we receive our teachings and knowledge and the advice we need for our daily lives.
- Schtәngәxʷәn: We are responsible to protect our territory. This means we take care of our land and water and everything that is on it and in it.
- Xwlәmi-chosәn: Our culture is our language. We should strengthen and maintain our language.
- Leng-e-sot: We take care of ourselves, watch out for ourselves and love and take care of one another.
- Xaalh: Life balance/sacred
NWIC Policies & Procedures Repository
NWIC Central Repository of PDF Documents
Below you will find a comprehensive collection of the approved institutional-level Northwest Indian College (NWIC) policies, procedures, plans, manuals, handbooks, and related documents. The purpose of this webpage is to serve as a central repository for these documents so that members of the college community may use them in the daily conduct of NWIC business. Page updates will occur as policies, procedures, and other documents are created, reviewed, or revised. The information in parenthesis following a document’s name indicates the policy/procedure number (only for policies, procedure and other documents created since 2015) and the date when it was most recently approved by the Board of Trustees (for policies) or by the Administrative Team (for procedures and other documents).