Lummi Nation made an announcement recently that the Tribe is moving to Phase III, beginning Wednesday, March 24, 2021 through Wednesday, April 7, 2021. Since the College’s reopening plan was designed and maintained to be in alignment with the LIBC phased reopening plan, in consultation with the Lummi Public Health Team, this means that now that the Tribe has moved to Phase III then the College will be doing so as well.
What does this mean for students and the community?
- Spring quarter on Lummi campus and five of the six extended campuses will remain virtual, and full-time faculty are not expected to return to campus at this time
- The Nez Perce campus has been granted a pilot opportunity to return to the classroom in a limited capacity.
- Students can reach NWIC faculty and staff virtually, and visit their webpages or email for in-person appointment opportunities. Please see our directory.
- Summer and Fall modality is TBD, stay tuned
- We will be gradually opening different departments/buildings on campus. So far, Eagle’s Market is back to normal business hours—click here for their facebook updates. The Library is planning on opening back up soon, so stay tuned to updates on their page here.
As the College proceeds with our safe re-opening plan, we want to remind everyone that we will continue to align with LIBC’s phased reopening plan over the coming months and prepare for the next phases. We are grateful to our Maintenance and Custodial staff, as well as the Security Department, for ensuring proper cleaning and safety protocols are followed.